Terms and conditions of use
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Peak Prizes Ltd, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Peak Prizes Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Peak Prizes Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Peak Prizes Ltd, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission.
- You may, for your own personal,
non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Peak Prizes Ltd.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- In any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- In any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- Making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Registration and eligibility
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
- You must be over the age of 18 in order to create an account and enter any competitions. We reserve the right to close any accounts opened by customers under the age of 18.
- You must hold a bank account in your own name for the purpose of purchasing tickets, Peak Prizes Ltd reserve the right to close any account that is suspected of fraudulent activity.
- We accept no responsibility for customers providing false information when registering or subsequently amending the information provided.
Password and security
- When you register on this Website, you will be asked to create a password, which you should keep confidential and not disclose or share with anyone.
- If we have reason to believe that there is or is likely to be any misuse of the Website or breach of security, we may require you to change your password or suspend your account.
- You must have access to the phone number and email address provided to set up an account. Any result of incorrect information entered by yourself is not the responsibility of Peak Prizes Ltd.
- If a password reset is required this will not be possible without the phone number and email address that was provided when setting up the account or the most recent phone number and email address entered by the customer.
- If you do not have access to the email address or phone number registered to the account at the time of the password reset then you will have to create another account so it is therefore important that you keep your personal information up to date.
- We accept no responsibility for mismanagement of personal information.
- We do not hold password information or accept any responsibility for the loss of account passwords.
Prizes, entry, promotions and discounts
- We will list prizes with a limited number of tickets for sale and the amount of tickets will vary.
- Each prize will have a reserve number of tickets that must be sold by the beginning of the sixty-minute countdown on the ‘Draw’ page in order for the draw to run for said prize.
- Prizes for first, second and third place are all clearly stated prior to tickets being available to purchase.
- If the reserve is not met prior to the beginning of the sixty-minute countdown on the ‘Draw’ page, then the draw will run as normal however the prize will be substituted with 75% of the ticket sales for that prize.
- Different percentages will apply depending on how many winners there are for each competition, competitions with 1 winner, the winner receives 75% of ticket sales, competitions with 2 winners, 1st place receives 50% of ticket sales and 2nd place receives 25% of ticket sales and competitions with 3 winners, 1st place receives 35% of ticket sales, 2nd place receives 25% of ticket sales and 3rd place receives 15% of ticket sales.
- We reserve the right to extend all competition draw dates by a maximum of 28 days.
- Discounts will be available with the use of discount codes at the checkout.
- All free draws will be displayed at a price of £0.00.
- The free entry route can be used to enter any of our competitions by adhering to the following;
- Register to create a Peak Prizes account.
- Print out a copy of our free entry route application form.
- Fill out the application accurately (applications that are not fully completed, completed incorrectly or include details that do not match the customers’ account details will not be accepted).
- Post the application to the company address stated at the bottom of this document (postage is to be paid in full by the customer, at no point will the customer be reimbursed for postage costs for any reason).
- We accept no responsibility for applications either not reaching us at all or not reaching us in time for the customer to be entered into the competition.
- When received we will process the application and issue the customer with a onetime 100% discount code for the prize specified in the application (to the email provided in the application) that can be redeemed at the checkout in order to gain free entry.
- We accept no responsibility if at the time of the discount code being issued, the specified prize has sold out.
- Discount codes (once entered into the relevant field) will reduce ticket costs by a discretional percentage that will be immediately deducted from the cost of the ticket(s) that it applies to in your shopping basket prior to payment.
- We reserve the right to stop any promotions or discounts at any time.
- Promotions may be limited to one or more of the following;
- One time use per customer
- Limited number of uses per code
- Predetermined time period
Payments and refunds
- All ticket sales will be processed through a third party online payment collection service.
- If at any point a payment (including but not limited to a cash prize payment) or refund (including but not limited to a sub reserve ticket sale refund) is to be made to you from Peak Prizes Ltd, this will be actioned within 14 days of the competition end date.
- All tickets are to be paid in full prior to the draw commencing.
- All tickets selected of which payment is not completed have a time limit of 15 minutes before the previously selected ticket(s) are automatically removed from your basket. These tickets will then be available to all customers.
- You will have up until ten minutes prior to the draw commencing to purchase tickets.
Draws and delivery
- We use an automatic random number generator for all online draws in order to determine the winner(s) of each competition.
- Each draw will have a predetermined number of winners up to a maximum of three that will be clearly stated throughout the duration of the listing. Winners names will be displayed on the ‘Draws’ page as well as the ‘Past Prizes’ page.
- All prizes are dispatched to the address registered to the winners account within 14 days of the competition end date.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you keep your details up to date and we accept no responsibility for prizes being delivered to the incorrect address as a result of information entered incorrectly.
- Should a prize be delivered broken or damaged this is the responsibility of the winner to return to the distributor/manufacturer and request a replacement. If we are required to get involved in order to complete the return and redelivery process then it is your responsibility to notify us 7 days prior to the end of the distributors/manufacturers return policy period.
- We accept no responsibility for damaged or broken prizes.
- We accept no responsibility for not returning damaged or broken prizes to the distributor/manufacturer within the returns policy period.
- The returns policy will not be advertised, it will only be shared with the winner of the prize following the purchase of said prize.
- Should a prize be delivered to you without returns information it is your responsibility to request these details.
Links to other websites
- This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Peak Prizes Ltd or that of our affiliates.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Peak Prizes Ltd makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Peak Prizes Ltd is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst Peak Prizes Ltd uses reasonable endeavors to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Peak Prizes Ltd accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- Peak Prizes Ltd reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Peak Prizes Ltd accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- We withhold the right to amend this document at any time and it is the customers’ responsibility to ensure they have checked the most up to date copy prior to the purchase of any ticket(s).
- We operate as a prize competition and free draw website under the gambling act 2005. You are required by law to correctly answer a question in order to demonstrate skill prior to the purchase of any ticket(s) in order to comply with the government legislature detailed in the ‘prize competition and free draw’ section of the gambling act 2005.
- We advise that all customers read our terms and conditions before entering any of our competitions and accept no liability for customers not doing so.
- You will be asked to confirm that they have read and understood these terms and conditions prior to setting up an account.
- You will be asked to confirm that they have read and understood these terms and conditions prior to purchasing any tickets.
Peak Prizes Ltd details
- Peak Prizes Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11746010 whose registered address is Turnpike House, 1208-1210 London Rd, Southend-on-Sea, Leigh-on-Sea, SS9 2UA and it operates the Website www.peakprizes.co.uk.
- You can contact Peak Prizes Ltd by email on email@example.com, or by phone on 07377423514.
- These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).